World Music Day – 23 June
Sunday 23rd June, 12-4pm @Forest Farm Peace Garden
Free Entry, NO booking required
Forest Farm Peace Garden is hosting a World Music Day festival celebration of the diversity in the North East London community. Featuring music from around the world, organic seedlings and produce for sale, wildlife activities and delicious global food, this will be a fun and family-friendly event not to be missed!
* Live music and from across the world, including West African drumming performance and workshop from Mbilla Arts, ‘Carnatic Nomad’ by Jyotsna Srikanth and Just5 Polish Roma band.
* Delicious food and tea
* Produce and seedlings for sale
* Children’s activities
* Woodcarving demo & activities
* Foraging and herbal first-aid workshops
Attend the Facebook event
We built a cob oven!
Over a weekend full of sun and mud, a boisterous group of volunteers and “natural build” enthusiasts gathered at Forest Farm Peace Garden to build a “cob oven” made from clay , sand and straw. The result is a highly efficient and sustainably designed wood-fired oven.
We had lots of fun, and we’re looking forward to firing up the oven at World Music Day to make some delicious pizza!
To see more photos of the weekend, check out the Facebook album (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.474818495930620.1073741825.171593339586472&type=3) .
To find out more about building with cob and other natural building techniques, check out:
Summer workshops at Forest Farm
We have lots of great *free* full-day workshops scheduled throughout the summer.
Contact email@example.com ASAP to book a place- they are often quite popular!
* 7 July: workshop on natural solutions to common pests and diseases in vegetable crops
* 28 July: Herbal remedies and natural health and Yoga in the Garden
* 11 August: workshop on companion planting and crop rotation
* 8 September: workshop on soil care: green manure and composting
We are also scheduling regular beekeeping workshops and herbal skill-shares for people who want to become regular volunteers at the community garden. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Other fantastic nature and growing events locally and across London:
The Nature Conservation team hold a series of conservation volunteering days each month. Contact them at to receive updates!
Chelsea Fringe – the alternative flower festival: http://www.chelseafringe.com
London Permaculture Festival – 14 July: http://www.londonpermaculturefestival.com